Degasser N2 (Nitrogen Based) General Description:
Scot-Degasser-N2 is an environmental friendly range of chemical degassing tablets for aluminium and its alloys. Scot-Degaser-N2 is used to remove dissolved hydrogen gas by diffusion process.
Even under the best melting conditions, it is often impossible to prevent hydrogen gas from entering the melt which finally gives rise to porosity in the cast products. It is therefore necessary to remove the hydrogen from the melt to avoid any such problems in the cast or final section. Degassing with these products is superior to flushing with chlorine or nitrogen gas which is associated with problems of space, equipment, corrosion, health hazards, etc.
Degasser N2 (Nitrogen Based) Tablets are environmental friendly and do not produce any smoke, fumes or smell during degasing.Degasser N2 (Nitrogen Based) Applications:
Instructions for use :
- Removal of Hydrogen from the melt
- Environmental friendly method of degassing
- Minimization of porosity, and defect free casting
- Easy to use without any storage and handling problems
- No impurity added into the melt
Degasser N2 (Nitrogen Based) Packaging:
- The most efficient degassing techniques are carried out on metal which has been put into maximum temperature and when the temperature is falling.
- The application techniques using plungers simply require that the tablet is immersed using bell plunger to the bottom of the melt.
- Since the efficiency of the operation depends upon the time of contact between bubble and metal, it is essential to immerse the tablet as deep into the melt as practicable and hold it there until bubbling has ceased. Plungers should be pre-heated and dried.
- Gentle rolling action creates more efficient degassing than a turbulent action; apply degaser tablets in two or more successive operations rather than in a single operation. Degassing should be continued till bubbling ceases.
- Tablet Size : 100 grms, 200 grms, 500 grms Tablets.
- Packing : 20-25 Kg Corrugated Boxes.
- Application Rate : 0.20-0.25%